Air Conditioner Maintenance in San Diego
Champion Air Conditioning & Heating
Whether you own a home or manage a business, your cooling system contributes to the comfort of everyone who enters your structure. Your air conditioning system can lower the temperature, help remove excess humidity and improve the quality of the air. Regular maintenance can help prolong the life of your system, but it can also identify potential issues so that you can have them repaired before your system fails completely. However, you should make sure that the contractor you hire has the experience, integrity and skills to perform high-quality maintenance and repairs. Inferior work is often responsible for the failure of a system that could have been easily and economically repaired. When you trust your cooling system to Champion Air, you can count on obtaining the same level of superior air conditioning maintenance San Diego customers have received from us for more than 20 years.
Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning Services in San Diego
Although residential and commercial cooling system share many similarities, each type can present specific issues. You need a contractor with the expertise to handle these special issues as well as the basic maintenance. A few examples of possible issues are listed below.
• Many commercial buildings have flat roofs that feature a modified bitumen system. If your equipment is located on the roof, inexperienced or careless technicians can damage the roofing membrane. This can allow water to leak into the interior of your building.
• Most residential systems have their condensers on the exterior of the home. Grass clippings, dirt and small debris can accumulate on both the outside and inside of the condenser cover. This affects the operating efficiency of the unit, potentially leading to costly repairs or shortening the life of the system. Unfortunately, many well-intentioned homeowners bend the fins on the compressor cage while attempting to remove debris, and this can negate any benefits gained by the cleaning.
• Commercial systems are sometimes located in environments that make routine maintenance even more critical. For example, restaurants may need to deal with odors or grease in the air, and carpentry shops may need to deal with fine particles of dust. Filters may become clogged in a relatively short time, restricting the air flow and forcing the system to work harder.
• The air conditioning filters in homes may need to be kept exceedingly clean if any member of the family has allergies or breathing problems. Pet hair, pollen, smoke from wildfires and dust can overwhelm the filter in a relatively brief period.
The Types of Air Conditioning Maintenance San Diego Customers Need
A well-maintained cooling system will operate more efficiently, lowering your energy bills. It will also be less likely to fail during the hottest part of the season, and it is often possible to avoid costly repairs by identifying and correcting issues before they become serious problems. Although your maintenance plan may be modified to meet your specific needs, the following points are typically included in an effective residential or commercial program.
• The system should be inspected before the season begins.
• The filter or filters should be inspected. Depending on the type of filters used, filters should be cleaned or replaced as needed.
• The outdoor unit needs to be inspected and tested. Debris should be removed from the condenser cage, any bent fins should be straightened, the refrigerant level should be checked and any damaged insulation on the refrigerant line needs to be repaired or replaced.
• The interior unit includes the evaporator. The evaporator coil needs to be cleaned, and the condensation pan beneath it should be checked and cleaned. The drain line should be checked to make sure that it is not clogged.
If you need help with your air conditioning system, contact the professionals at Champion. We have been providing high-quality work and outstanding customer service to San Diego homeowners and businesses for more than two decades. Our technicians are highly qualified individuals who will explain all available options so that you can choose the solution that is right for you. You can reach us at 760-736-4100, or you can submit the online form to request an appointment.
Champion Air Conditioning & Heating
120 N Pacific St Ste A9
San Marcos, CA 92069
Phone: (760) 736-4100