Furnace Repair in Escondido
Champion Air Conditioning & Heating
With the energetic vibrancy of a city and the friendly nature of a small town, Escondido, CA, is a hidden treasure located just 30 miles northeast of downtown San Diego. One of the oldest cities in San Diego County, it offers a thriving arts community, delicious cuisine, wonderful wineries and beautiful scenery that’s sure to delight hikers, equestrians and others who love the great outdoors. While the climate is lovely all year, climate control can still be an issue. If the gas furnace at your commercial or residential property is in need of maintenance, repair or replacement, count on Champion Air Conditioning & Heating. We are a local company serving Escondido and its surrounding areas – we offer quick, reliable services for fair prices. We’re always ready to help.
Furnace Maintenance, Repair, and Replacement
A heating system that isn’t working properly is more than an inconvenience. It can negatively impact your comfort and send your energy bills soaring. More importantly, it can present a danger.
- Maintenance: To keep your furnace working well, you should schedule an annual checkup with a furnace specialist. They’ll inspect the unit, complete the necessary routine maintenance tasks and fix any problems so that your furnace is ready to fend off winter’s chill.
- Repair: If your furnace is less than 15 years old and it’s making odd noises, sounding louder than normal, running longer than it usually does, having trouble maintaining your desired temperature or simply isn’t working, then you probably need a repair. A furnace repair specialist can pinpoint the problem, identify the appropriate course of action and get it fixed.
- Replacement: Furnaces don’t last forever. If your unit is more than 15 years old, it is probably due for replacement. A furnace specialist can educate you about your options and help your choose an appliance that is the right size and type for your space.
Why Is My Furnace Malfunctioning?
Furnaces come in a variety of styles and sizes. While the exact requirements for repair or maintenance will vary depending on the model in question, there are some common issues that often trigger malfunctions. Possible problems include:
- Air filters that are clogged
- Burners that are compromised by an accumulation of dirt or sludge
- Electrical components, thermostats or blowers that have failed
- Vents or ducts that are dirty, cracked or leaking
Tips for Troubleshooting Your Furnace
When it comes to your furnace, there are certain tasks you can safely tackle yourself. For example, you should clean or replace your furnace’s air filter each month. What if your furnace isn’t producing heat? Before calling for help, take a look at your thermostat. If the screen is blank, see if it has tripped a circuit breaker or blown a fuse. Next, check its battery level; if necessary, replace the battery. Then, make sure that the heat mode is selected and that the thermostat is set to a temperature that’s higher than the room’s current temperature. What if the furnace cycles on and off or the blower fan runs continuously? Look at the thermostat and verify that the fan is set on auto.
Many furnace issues are best left in the hands of a professional, so you should never hesitate to call for assistance. In some cases, trying to repair a problem yourself can be dangerous. Amateur attempts can also void your warranty. You should call a furnace specialist for assistance if you:
- Are unable to troubleshoot the problem or are uncomfortable trying to do so
- Are having issues with the ignition control or pilot light
- Suspect a mechanical problem
- Believe there is an issue with the gas feed, valve or gas pressure regulator
Let us show you why so many Escondido residents rely on Champion Air Conditioning & Heating for heater & furnace repair services. Contact us today to learn more about our services and request a consultation.
Cities we serve:
Champion Air Conditioning & Heating
120 N Pacific St Ste A9
San Marcos, CA 92069
Phone: (760) 736-4100